Sunday, June 8, 2014

Book Blogger Hop June 6th - June 12th: I Remember When 56 kbit/s Was the Fastest Analog Modem Speed

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Elizabeth of Silver's reviews asks (via Billy): When you view someone's profile, what information do you like to see?

I look at people's online profiles so rarely that I don't really have things that I look for. I appreciate it when a profile is helpful. For example, if your profile includes the URL of your blog or blogs. Or if you have preferred contact method. Or if you have other projects like a podcast or a vlog, and if you do, where to find them. Including these pieces of information in your profile makes it much more likely that I will go and check out your work.

There are a couple of things that I regard as red flags - generally up front assertions of certain political, religious, other ideological allegiances are indicators of people whom I should avoid.

Go to previous Book Blogger Hop: Sammy Hagar Can't Drive 55
Go to subsequent Book Blogger Hop: Agent 57 Is a Master of Disguise

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment