Sunday, June 1, 2014

Book Blogger Hop May 30th - June 5th: Sammy Hagar Can't Drive 55

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Elizabeth of Silver's reviews asks (via Billy): How many posts do you normally publish per week?

It really depends on how you define "post". That sounds like a very "lawyer-like" answer, and to a certain extent it is. But it also reflects the reality of having to work around Blogger's limitations regarding static pages (a limitation that is the reason I will probably switch to Wordpress at some point in the future after I am able to brush up by HTML skills).

As far as "regular" posts go, I would like to be posting six times a week. I post a Musical Monday post every Monday, a Follow Friday post every Friday, a Book Blogger Hop post every Saturday, and in an ideal world, I'd be posting a substantive post with a review or commentary on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Unfortunately, in most weeks, the three substantive midweek posts turn into one or two posts, or in some weeks, no posts.

BUt those aren't the only posts I create during a typical week. Because Blogger only allows one to have ten standalone pages, I have to work around the system, because my administrative needs outstipped that limitation almost immediately. I like keeping track of the books I read in several different ways. I keep track of them by author. I keep track of them by book series. I keep track of them by the awards they have won or been nominated for. But to do that, I need a page for the authors of the books and stories that I review, and I need pages for the various award winners and nominees. And for the most part, I don't want those pages cropping up in my "regular" blog feed. So instead, I create pages to fill these needs and then backdate them, usually to various dates in the year 1970. Creating pages for these purposes is a large job, which has required dozens of pages thus far, and will require dozens more. Rather than trying to do them all at once, I write up one or two a day, so in a technical sense, I write seven to ten blog posts in addition to the ones that you see in my regular blog stream.

So the answer is "three to six" if you only count posts in my regular blog stream, or "ten to sixteen" if you count every post I write in a week regardless of the date I assign to it.

Go to previous Book Blogger Hop: A Rubik's Cube Has 54 Colored Squares

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment