Saturday, August 11, 2018

Book Blogger Hop August 10th - August 16th: 267 Tirza Was the First Asteroid Discovered by Auguste Charlois


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Can you say this about yourself? Nothing makes me happier than sitting down with a good book.

No, and I am of the opinion that anyone who could probably has a very sad life.

I don't want to be misunderstood here: Sitting down with a good book makes me very happy. But it doesn't make me happier than spending time with my children. Sitting down with a book doesn't make me happier than doing things with my wife. Books are great, and I love sitting down and reading them, but for that to be the thing that made me happiest I would have to have all of the important relationships in my life completely break down. I can't imagine the level of personal disaster that would cause that, or the volume of misery that would result, and being able to read books would probably be, at best, cold comfort at that point.

Subsequent Book Blogger Hop: Pope Dionysius Died in 268 A.D.

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment