Saturday, June 27, 2020

Book Blogger Hop - June 26th - July 2nd: Route 358 Is a Road and a Band in Arkansas


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: When you run out of bookshelf space, what do you do?

With just over 12,000 books in my collection, space is often hard to find. When I run out of bookshelf space, I mostly start making stacks of books. Because I live with the Littlest Starship Captain, I can't stack books on the floor. In some cases, I can't keep books on shelves, since she likes to take them off the shelves and walk around with them. Thus far, she's only really been interested in my collection of foreign language dictionaries, although I don't know why she has focused on those books in particular. They have ended up scattered all over the house as a result. Every now and then, I collect them and reshelve them, but it is a quixotic battle at this point.

In any event, when I run out of shelf space, my first step is usually to start stacking books, usually stacking them on top of the books that are on the shelves. Sometimes, if a shelf is deep enough, I will double-shelve books. I also have a lot of books that are currently boxed up, waiting for a spot to be available for them to be placed into. My ultimate solution to having more books than shelves is to acquire more shelves for books, either by buying them or building them. When I ran out of room for more shelves, I moved to a larger place.

Speaking of shelves, I need to go and order some supplies so I can build more shelves in the Littlest Starship Captain's room.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment