Sunday, June 28, 2020

Running - Weekly Log for June 21, 2020 through June 27, 2020

Last Week's Mileage Goal: 20 miles
Actual Miles Last Week: 5 miles
Run/Walk Miles: 0 miles
Cumulative Mileage: 553.5 miles.
This Week's Mileage Goal: 10 miles
Current Weigh-In: Not done

Well, this is getting depressing. At the beginning of this year, I was recovering from a dog bite and then getting myself back into shape. I was pushing my weekly mileage on a regular basis, and was gearing up to run a couple of half-marathons and marathons this year. That's all gone now. The races have been canceled and now I struggle to even put in miles on the road. I was describing how my shoulders feel to someone and the best way I could come convey the feeling was to say that it feels like I moved a van load of furniture yesterday. And I feel like that every day. And I'm coming around to the fact that I am likely to feel like that every day from now on.

Needless to say, this has sapped my energy for running. By the end of the day, after spending my time working through having shoulders that just don't work right any more, I don't have the motivation to run. I keep setting running goals for the week, and then letting the days slip by without running. I've got to break this cycle of malaise, but I'm not sure how.

Previous Weekly Running Log: June 14, 2020 through June 20, 2020
Subsequent Weekly Running Log: June 28, 2020 through July 4, 2020

Running     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment