Sunday, March 8, 1970

Author - Howard, Ivan

One of the anthologies
edited by Ivan Howard
Birth: I have no idea when.

Death: Possibly, but I don't really know.

Comments: Ivan Howard is another ghost of science fiction, with almost no information about him available: no birth date, no biographical information, not even a picture. He apparently edited nine compilations of short fiction, all in the 1960s, but didn't do anything in the field before or since. Or apparently, anything else noteworthy enough to keep a record of. The one collection of short fiction I have read that he edited - Time Untamed - doesn't even actually acknowledge him as the editor, and is often erroneously listed as having been edited by "Anonymous". The only other information I have about Howard is that he seems to have been affiliated with the magazine Fantastic in some way, although whether he was a member of their regular editorial staff, an intern, or something else entirely is a mystery to me.

My reviews of Ivan Howard's books:
None

Other books by Ivan Howard that I have read but not reviewed:
None



Books edited by Ivan Howard that I have reviewed:
Time Untamed

Short fiction by Ivan Howard appearing in works that I have reviewed:
None

Authors - H     Authors A-Z     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment