Tuesday, March 3, 1970

Author - Coville, Bruce

Birth: May 16, 1950.

Death: Still alive and turning out superior children's fiction.

Comments: Bruce Coville is an author of numerous books aimed at younger readers. Coville has lived most of his life in New York, but studied at Duke University. He is married to Katherine Coville, and the two have collaborated on a number of books. Coville tends to focus on science fiction or fantasy books, especially books that focus on human characters interacting with aliens. His books usually have a moral lesson, typically advocating treating others well and acting responsibly. Coville didn't begin producing published material until I was just a little too old to be the intended audience (I was in my late teens when his first book hit the shelves), but I wish his books had been around when I was the right age so I could have experienced their magic as a young reader.

Coville has an official website with all the information anyone could ever want about his books, his appearances, and pretty much any other Bruce Coville related news.

                          

My reviews of Bruce Coville's books:
Aliens Ate My Homework
Aliens Stole My Body
Dark Whispers
The Dinosaur That Followed Me Home
The Dragonslayers
A Glory of Unicorns
How I Survived My Summer Vacation
I Left My Sneakers in Dimension X
I Was a Sixth Grade Alien
I Was a Sixth Grade Alien: Don't Fry My Veeblax!
I Was a Sixth Grade Alien: I Lost My Grandfather's Brain
I Was a Sixth Grade Alien: Peanut Butter Lover Boy
I Was a Sixth Grade Alien: The Attack of the Two-Inch Teacher
I Was a Sixth Grade Alien: Zombies of the Science Fair
Into the Land of the Unicorns
Jennifer Murdley's Toad
Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher
The Monster's Ring
My Teacher Flunked the Planet
My Teacher Fried My Brains
My Teacher Glows in the Dark
My Teacher Is an Alien
The Search for Snout
The Skull of Truth
Some of My Best Friends Are Monsters
Song of the Wanderer
Space Brat

Other books by Bruce Coville that I have read but not reviewed:
Bruce Coville's Book of Aliens
Bruce Coville's Book of Aliens II
Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters
Bruce Coville's Book of Nightmares

Authors - C     Authors A-Z     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment