Thursday, March 19, 1970

Author - Silverberg, Robert

Me and Silverberg at MidAmeriCon II
Birth: January 15, 1935.

Death: Still alive and kicking.

Comments: Robert Silverberg is an extremely prolific science fiction author having had dozens of novels and hundreds of short stories published. He has won five Nebula awards, four Hugo awards, and has been inducted into the Science Fiction Hall of Fame. He got his start in the 1950s writing short stories for the then thriving science fiction magazine market. Silverberg left the science fiction field for a bit, but returned in the mid-1960s to write several excellent novels, and by the 1970s he was a regular on the Hugo awards ballot. Among his more prominent works are a series of novels set on the planet of Majipoor, an enormous mineral-poor world settled by numerous alien races, including humanity. I know I have read some of the books in the Majipoor series, but I read them so long ago that I don't remember which ones.

Robert Silverberg doesn't have his own website, but he has designated Jon Davis' fan site as the Quasi-Official Robert Silverberg Website.



My reviews of Robert Silverberg's books:
Lord of Darkness
Revolt on Alpha C



My reviews of books edited by Robert Silverberg:
The Science Fiction Hall of Fame: Volume I, 1929-1964
Tales from Super-Science Fiction

Other books by Robert Silverberg that I have read but not reviewed:
Tower of Glass

Books edited by Robert Silverberg that I have read but not reviewed:
None

Short fiction by Robert Silverberg appearing in works that I have reviewed:
Catch 'Em All Alive found in Tales from Super-Science Fiction
The Loathsome Beasts (writing as Dan Malcolm) found in Tales from Super-Science Fiction
The Man Who Came Back found in TV: 2000
The Way They Wove the Spells in Sippulgar found in Fantasy & Science Fiction: Volume 117, Nos. 3 & 4 (October/November 2009)

Essays by Robert Silverberg appearing in works that I have reviewed:

Authors - S     Authors A-Z     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment