Thursday, June 11, 1970

Musical Artist - Khil, Eduard

Eduard Khil (1934-2010), better known now as the "Trololo Guy", was a popular Russian singer. Khil had a long and prolific career as a singer, but is most well-known now for a single television appearance he made in 1976 in which he sang the lyric-less song I Am Glad, 'Cause I'm Finally Returning Back Home. Khil seems to have been fairly popular in the former Soviet Union and eastern Europe, but was somewhat obscure elsewhere. In 2010, his performance of I Am Glad, 'Cause I'm Finally Returning Back Home was posted onto YouTube and became known colloquially as the "Trolololo Song", and Khil was dubbed the "Trolololo Guy", or "Mr. Trolololo".

Musical Monday Selections:

06/11/12: I Am Glad, 'Cause I'm Finally Returning Back Home

Musical Monday     Musical Artists - K     Musical Artists A-Z     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment